This one turned out pretty well. The ingredients are:
- Beef (obviously), 2 pounds
- Peanuts, unsalted and ground, 6 oz
- Chilies, 4 sliced
- Kaffir lime leaves, 10
- Tomatoes, several, chunked
- Coconut milk, 2-3 cans
- Red curry paste, 6 tablespoons
- Fish sauce, 6 tablespoons
- Palm sugar, 4 tablespoons
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Thai basil, to taste
- Lemon grass, 2 stalks, minced
The first step is simple: add the red curry paste to a can of coconut milk in your wok, and warm until boiling.
Then add a few more items: the fish sauce, the palm sugar, and the lemongrass.
Next, the beef – although you may want to slice it first.
You can add the ground peanuts at this stage, too (I used a spice grinder to grind them, but if you want to use a spice buffer or a spice elevator, that’s your prerogative).
Then the tomatoes, chilies, and Kaffir lime leaves.
Cook for just a while longer, and then it’s done. It should look something like this:
And this, over rice: