This was soo delicious. The ingredients:
- Chicken thighs, boneless, 2 pounds
- Honey, 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce, 1/3 cup
- Orange juice, 2 tablespoons
- Tomato paste, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, minced, 2 teaspoons
- Salt, 3/4 teaspoon
- Ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds (to garnish)
The only change I’d make is that, on reflection, I’d double the recipe. It went fast.
The recipe uses a slow cooker – and like many slow cooker recipes, it’s really easy to make. First, put the chicken in the slow cooker.
Then, whisk together the other ingredients – everything except the sesame seed garnish – and pour it over the chicken.
Cook on low for four hours, shred, and enjoy over rice. Don’t forget the sesame seed garnish, if you like that sort of thing!